Hello everyone! I noticed that a lot of book bloggers have been discussing why they love or hate audio books. Honestly, I never understood why people do not consider audio books to be considered as reading a book. I mean what about the time when your parents read to you, does that mean you did not read the book, tho you know the story? Or what about if you read a book to your child, does that mean they have not read the book, but they know the story? Why should it matter how the story gets into your mind?
I personally love audio books(is that one word, hyphenated or space?). Here are my top 5 reasons why I love audio books.
- I think it is better than meditating. Just plug the earphones on, close your eye, and listen to the story. It is like taking a mini vacation. It is hard to think of problems while listening. And it blocks out any annoying neighbors.
- Sometimes it is like watching a show, but the best part is, there are no commercials.
- I have eye issues, and I am a slow reader cause of it. So, I can get thru a book much faster if I listen to it.
- Sometimes you can do other things while listening, tho I have trouble doing that. But you can do things like take a walk, or eat or paint, etc.
- You can listen to it anywhere. Especially if you have an ipod or something like that. Most of the time you do not need internet, so you can listen to it at the beach or a coffee shop or on the bus, etc.
So, how about you, do you like audio books? If so why?
Hope you all are staying safe and sound!
Luv and hugs, Renee